The Spreadsheets module allows candidates to understand the concept of spreadsheets and to demonstrate an ability to use a spreadsheet to produce accurate work outputs.
The analysis of numerical data is an important activity in a broad range of job roles and organisations. Accountants, project managers, sales executives, engineers – and many more – rely on spreadsheets to carry out crucial calculations. ICDL Spreadsheets sets out the essentials skills and knowledge required to use this powerful tool effectively.
- Working with spreadsheets
- Enhancing productivity
- Insert, select
- Edit, sort
- Copy, move, delete
- Rows and columns
- Arithmetic functions
- Alignment, border effects
- Check and print
- Covers the key skills needed to use spreadsheets.
- Can be applied to a range of spreadsheets software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective spreadsheets software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with spreadsheets and save them in different file formats, locally or in the cloud.
- Use available help resources, shortcuts and the go to tool to enhance productivity.
- Enter data into cells and use good practice in creating lists. Select, sort and copy, move and delete data.
- Edit rows and columns in a worksheet. Copy, move, delete and appropriately rename worksheets.
- Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions. Use good practice in formula creation and recognize error values in formulas.
- Format numbers and text content in a spreadsheet and use available autoformat/table styles.
- Choose suitable charts, and create and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Adjust spreadsheet page settings and check and correct spreadsheet content before printing.