The Management Spreadsheets 3.0 module sets out advanced skills that can be used to produce sophisticated reports, perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations, and improve productivity when using a spreadsheet application.
In a data driven world, understanding how to use a versatile tool like a spreadsheet can be invaluable. Spreadsheet skills are essential in a range of areas, from learning, education and research, to business. The Management Spreadsheets module covers topics like displaying data in charts, analysing data using tables and scenarios, validating data, working more productively, and working collaboratively. It is ideal for anyone who needs to know how to go further than simple formulas in spreadsheet tools.
- Using formulas and functions
- Creating charts
- Formatting charts
- Using tables
- Sorting and filtering
- Naming cells
- Paste special
- Linking, embedding and importing
- Reviewing and security
- Allows users to become more confident, efficient and effective in using a Management Spreadsheets application.
- Proves mastery of the application.
- Enables users to produce better reports with deeper data analysis.
- Improves user’s productivity.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Apply advanced formatting options such as conditional formatting and customised number formatting and handle worksheets.
- Use functions such as those associated with logical, statistical, financial and mathematical operations.
- Create charts and apply advanced chart formatting.
- Work with tables and lists to analyse, filter and sort data. Create and use scenarios.
- Validate and audit spreadsheet data.
- Enhance productivity by working with named cell ranges and macros.
- Use linking, embedding and importing features to integrate data.
- Compare and merge spreadsheets. Apply spreadsheet security features.