For individuals and for organisations, securing data and information is an increasingly important concern. Data and information are valuable, and you need to have the appropriate knowledge, skills, and awareness to protect them. The Cyber Security module helps you to secure and protect your, and your organisation’s, activities.
- Data threats
- Value of information
- Personal security
- File security
- Definition and function
- Network connections
- Wireless security
- Access control
- Web browsing
- Social networking
- Instant messaging
- Securing and backing-up data
- Secure destruction
- Covers the skills needed to understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy, and identity theft.
- Certifies best practice in Cyber security.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy and identity theft.
- Protect a computer, device, or network from malware and unauthorised access.
- Understand the types of networks, connection types, and network specific issues, including firewalls.
- Browse the World Wide Web; communicate on the Internet securely.
- Understand security issues related to communications, including e-mail and instant messaging.
- Back up and restore data appropriately and safely; securely dispose of data and devices.